There are over 800 allotment plots across 11 different sites in Epsom and Ewell. Some of these are self-managed (i.e. run by their own associations, with our support) while a majority are available to rent directly from the Council.
Why have an allotment?
- Exercise - working an allotment gives you plenty of fresh air and healthy exercise.
- Stress relief – studies have shown that spending time outdoors an with others relives stress.
- Food source – cultivating an allotment provides an affordable source of fruit and vegetables, an essential part of a healthy diet
- Socialise – getting together with fellow leisure gardeners is a great way to socialise and make new friends. It’s the sort of activity that lends itself to co-operation and contact.
- Biodiversity – allotments provide a varied and valued habitat for wild plants and animals. They provide valuable green space within our towns and cities making them more environmentally friendly, sustainable and attractive places to live.
- Education - Sites can help children, especially in urban areas, to learn about nature and how food is grown and to observe wildlife outside classroom biology lessons.
So, if you’re looking for a very rewarding pastime, enquire about renting an allotment today!
Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Tel: +44 (0)1372 732000