Statement of Licensing Policy
We are the local Licensing Authority for the licensing of premises under the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005.
The Act requires the us to publish a statement of gambling licensing policy, which must be reviewed every three years. The existing policy took effect in December 2018 and will be reviewed again in 2021.
The policy can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
We issue premises licences for the following activities:
- Adult gaming centres
- Family Entertainment Centre
- Sporting tracks, including horse racing and dog tracks.
We also issues permits for:
- Gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises, such as pubs
- Gaming machines for members clubs
- Other gaming activities in member' clubs
- Category D machines in unlicensed Family Entertainment Centre (Category D machines are those that can be used by children and have the lowest level of stakes and prizes)
- Prize gaming
We will also register and issue:
- Small society lotteries
- Occasional and temporary use notices
- Provisional statements
Use the links below for further information: