COVID-19 guidance on disposing of waste
Garden waste recycling
This is a fortnightly, chargeable service for subscribers only. Garden waste collections take place fortnightly, on your normal collection day. Get your garden waste calendar. Report a missed collection.
Leave your bins in a clearly visible place at the edge of your property by 6.30am. We work as normal on bank holiday Mondays and Good Friday. There are no garden waste collections during Christmas or New Year's weeks.
Please DON'T recycle:
- Branches thicker than your wrist (three inches/7.5cm)
- Plant pots, trays, bags or any plastics
- Soil, stones or ashes
- Kitchen waste. Due to the risk of cross-contamination with meat residue, any kitchen waste should be disposed of in your food waste bin, even if you grew it in your own garden
Quick guide to recycling
Garden waste must be loose and contained within your bin
Do not put sacks or bags in your bins. They cannot be composted and may cause the whole recycling load to be rejected.
We cannot collect bins that are overflowing and dangerous to put on our bin-lifts.
Who can join?
All households in the Borough can join, as can schools, places of worship and charities. If you live in a flat you may wish to consider communal arrangements. Contact us for details.
Garden waste collections are not available to businesses.
How much does it cost?
240-litre brown garden waste bins cost £59.50 each per year if paid by Direct Debit or £65.50 if you pay by another method.
There is no limit to the number of bins you can subscribe to. Subscriptions are based on a twelve-month, non-refundable agreement.
A 50% discount is available for recipients of certain means-tested benefits. You must apply for this discount in person at the Town Hall. You must provide an original document as proof of benefits.
Renewing your subscription
- If you pay by Direct Debit you do not need to do anything. We will notify you each year that we are collecting a further twelve months' subscription.
- If you pay by another method we will contact you before your subscription expires, to ask whether you wish to renew it for a further year.
If you move house
- If you are moving out of the Borough please notify us and present the bin for removal.
- If you are moving within the Borough, contact us before the move to advise of your new address and date of move. You must take the bin with you in order for your subscription membership to be transferred to the new address.
Have you tried home composting?
Garden waste at the tip
Information about Surrey County Council's Community Recycling Centre, Blenheim Road