There are two types of parliamentary elections held in Epsom & Ewell - UK and European Parliamentary elections.
There is now a fixed term for when UK Parliamentary elections are held which is every five years. The result of the most recent Parliamentary election (held on 8 June 2017) is detailed on our election results page.
The (Acting) Returning Officer for the Epsom & Ewell constituency is Kathryn Beldon.
She can be contacted at:
Tel: 01372 732000
- The election time table shows all Epsom and Ewell elections
- Information about electoral boundaries can be found on our electoral boundaries page
- Information on current members of parliament
- Parliamentary election results since 1885 can be found here
- Information about standing as a candidate can be found on our standing for election page
- Inspection of Parliamentary Election expenses can be undertaken at the Town Hall, please read this notice for further information
European Parliamentary elections
There are 12 regional constituencies in the UK, returning a total of 72 MEPs. Epsom & Ewell is in the south east region which has a total of 10 MEPs.
Elections to the European Parliament are held every five years and the next election is due to be held in 2019.
More information on the European Parliament and a current list of the current MEPs can be found on the European Parliament website.
Previous European election results
- European parliamentary election - 22 May 2014 - declaration of result - local area
- European parliamentary election - 22 May 2014 - declaration of result - south east region
- European parliamentary election - 4 June 2009 - declaration of result - local area
- European parliamentary election - 4 June 2009 - declaration of result - south east region
- European parliamentary election - 10 June 2004 - declaration of result - local area
- European parliamentary election - 10 June 2004 - declaration of result - south east region
- Results 1989 to 1999
Voting rights of European nationals at European Parliamentary elections
If you are registered to do so, you can vote at European Parliamentary elections in the UK. European Parliamentary elections are held every five years and the last election was held on 22 May 2014 and the next election will be held in 2019. A list of European Union countries can be found here.
What about my voting rights at home
If you can vote in your home member state, you must choose between voting there or in the UK. Applying to vote in your UK constituency means that you cannot vote in the same parliamentary election in your home member state. The application form that you complete will ask you to declare that, if you vote, it will be in the UK only. You will also be asked to give the name of any locality or constituency in your home member state in which you were registered to vote. Details of your registration in the UK will be sent to your home member state, which may then take steps to prevent you voting there at the same election.
If you wish to vote in your home member state instead of in the UK, then of course you need do nothing beyond what your home member state requires. To register to vote at European Parliamentary elections in the UK, you will need to complete an application form which you can obtain by emailing us at email@example.com.
To register to vote at local government elections, you should include your name on the ordinary registration form that will be delivered to your household during the annual canvass. If you move in to the borough outside of canvass time you can either register on-line at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote or contact electoral services for a registration form.
Referendums are held to ask people to vote on proposals put forward by government. The Electoral Commission has a summary of information on referendums on their website.
The European referendum - 23 June 2016
- Declaration of result - local area
- Declaration of result - south east region
- Declaration of result for the uk
Results of the Alternative Vote referendum - 5 May 2011
The Petitions Notice regarding elected mayoral referendums can be found here.
Need more help?
If you need more advice, please contact electoral services at the Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom Surrey, KT18 5BY Tel: 01372 732120 or 732152 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org