Delivering food and more
The Meals at Home service delivers a choice of tasty and nutritious meals directly to your door five days a week.
Meals at home provides more than just a tasty meal. For many, a daily visit from a friendly volunteer is just the kind of social interaction that can benefit a loved one by reducing feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Please use our form on this page listed above to enquire about this service.
What are the benefits of Meals at Home?
- Supporting independent living
- Available Monday to Friday
- Frozen meals for weekends
- Dinners, puddings and sandwiches
- Combined shopping service
- All dietary needs catered for
If you’re finding it harder to cook for yourself, or care for someone who still lives independently, having a home food delivery service could save you time and take the stress out of preparing a meal.
We cater for different dietary needs including vegetarians, diabetics, pureed, low fat, low salt, gluten free and cultural requirements such as halal. Just let us know what you need.
Christmas opening times
- Sunday 25 December (Christmas Day) – closed as normal
- Monday 26 December (Boxing Day) – closed for the bank holiday – frozen meals provided & shopping delivered week before if required
- Tuesday 27 December (bank holiday) – closed for the bank holiday – frozen meals provided & shopping delivered week before if required
- Wednesday 28 December – closed – frozen meals provided & shopping delivered week before if required
- Thursday 29 December – normal service
- Friday 30 December - normal service
- Saturday 31 December - closed as normal
- Sunday 1 January – closed as normal
- Monday 2 January (bank holiday) – closed for the bank holiday – frozen meals provided & shopping delivered week before if required
- Normal operating hours from Tuesday 3 January
Commonly asked questions
How does it work?
Meals will be delivered hot to your door between 11am and 2pm Monday to Friday or on the week days that you prefer. We also offer a tea service consisting of freshly made sandwiches with either fruit, biscuits or cake. There are no deliveries during the weekend or on bank holidays, instead we arrange to deliver frozen meals so that you can cook them at home. The meals are wrapped in special foil that allow them to be cooked in the microwave as well as the oven.
The Meals at Home service delivers a choice of tasty and nutritious meals directly to your door five days a week. We cater for different dietary needs including vegetarians, diabetics, pureed, low fat, low salt, gluten free and cultural requirements such as halal. Just let us know what you need.
|Shepherds pie||Apple and raspberry crumble||Sliced turkey and salad|
|Steak and mushroom bake||Sticky toffee pudding||Tuna mayonnaise|
|Chicken and leek hotpot||Sultana sponge||Cheese and tomato|
|Cheesy vegetable bake||Stewed apple with custard||Sliced ham and salad|
|Savory lamb dumplings||Baked fruit bread pudding||Egg and cress|
|Fisherman's pie||Chocolate chip sponge||Corned beef and tomato|
|Pork and root vegetable casserole||Cherry pie||Cheese and pickle|
Do I need to install a keysafe?
There may be a need for you to provide people who come to your house on a regular basis with secure access to your home. These people may include family members, carers, home help, nurses, and community services. Having a keysafe fitted will mean that you do not have to give your keys to anyone. It is also handy if you accidently lock yourself out. A keysafe is a small metal constructed box with a coded push button keypad which is secured to the brickwork outside your property in a discreet place. The keysafe would contain your spare keys to your property. You would only give the keysafe code to visitors that you trust. Your trusted visitors would use the keysafe to access your property and put the keys back in the keysafe box after use. You can purchase or rent the keysafe from us and we can install this for you as well.
Size: 10.5cms x 7cms
Community & Wellbeing Centre
Tel. +44(0)1372 732000