If you are a council or housing association tenant and you would like to exchange your property you can register with Homeswapper. You can advertise your property and search for another tenant to swap with.

You will need to get permission from your landlord before the swap can go ahead. There will be certain conditions you will have to meet. For example, you may not be able to swap if you are in rent arrears.

Once you are registered, log in regularly to maximise your chances of finding a suitable swap.