Difficulty paying your rent or mortgage

If you are struggling to pay your rent or mortgage it is important to take action immediately to avoid the risk of eviction and homelessness. Our housing team have created an advice page on dealing with arrears or financial difficulties, please take a look.

You can also complete the housing advice wizard to provide you with a tailored housing advice action plan.

If you are on a low income, you may wish to claim Universal Credit.

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you or someone in your home is disabled, you may qualify for financial help towards adaptations and facilities. This means that you or someone you care for can continue living in their own home.

These grants are administered by local authorities on behalf of the Government.

Find out more on our Disabled Facilities Grant page.