Leave your bins out for collection in a clearly visible place at the edge of your property by 6.30am on collection day. Please note we work as normal on bank holiday Mondays and Good Friday. The garden waste service does not operate during Christmas and New Year's weeks. What happens if a collection is missed?
Fortnightly garden waste and leaves recycling
This is a fortnightly, chargeable service for subscribers only.
Alternatively, you may consider:
Our 240-litre garden waste bins cost £56 each per year if paid by Direct Debit, or £61.50 if you pay by another method.
There is no limit to the number of bins you can subscribe to. Subscriptions are based on a twelve-month, non-refundable agreement.
- Grass cuttings
- Small twigs and branches
- Leaves or fallen fruit
- Prunings and clippings
- Flowers, plants and weeds
- Straw and hay (provided they are not contaminated with animal waste)
Please don't recycle:
- Branches thicker then your wrist (three inches/7.5 centimetres)
- Plant pots or any plastics
- Soil, stones or ashes
- Fruit or vegetable waste after use or preparation in the kitchen. Due to the risk of cross-contamination with meat residue, any kitchen waste - even if the fruit or vegetables originally came from your own garden - MUST be disposed of in your food waste bin. Thank you.
How to join
Download our garden waste recycling Direct Debit Mandate or subscribe online.
PLEASE NOTE: A 50% discount is available for recipients of certain means-tested benefits. You must apply for this discount in person at the Town Hall. You must provide an original document as proof of benefits.
Who can join?
All households in the Borough can join, as can schools, churches and charities. If you live in a flat you may wish to consider communal collections. Contact us for details. Collections are not available to businesses.
Renewing your subscription
- If you pay by Direct Debit you do not need to do anything. We will notify you each year that we are collecting a further twelve months' subscription.
- If you pay by another method we will contact you before your subscription expires, to ask whether you wish to renew it for a further year.
If you move house
If you are moving out of the Borough please notify us and present the bin for removal.
If you are moving within the Borough, contact us before the move to advise of your new address and date of move. You must take the bin with you in order for your subscription membership to be transferred to the new address.