It's time to give your mental and physical wellbeing a boost this spring.
Active April is all about getting active in the great outdoors. Sports facilities are beginning to re-open, and we can now start to safely enjoy the wonderful parks and open spaces Epsom and Ewell has to offer with fewer restrictions.
We want you to run, jog, cycle, walk, play sport, everything active! At the end of the month, we'll invite you to share your personal achievements. This could be how many hours you jogged, miles you walked or sports you played. The most active person in Epsom and Ewell will receive a £25 sports voucher.
Sign up to our pledge and make sure you keep a note of all the activities you do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Follow our posts on social media. Each week we’ll focus on a different kind of sport or activity and ways for you to take part.
Remember to stay safe and keep active in accordance with government guidelines.
- Age UK. Simple and easy exercises for older adults.
- Ordnance Survey - Get Outside. This resource brings together current advice from government, local authorities and other outdoor organisations, to help you decide where to go and what to do.
- NHS Couch to 5K. A week-by-week description of the 9-week set of Couch to 5K podcasts. Each week involves 3 runs.
- Exercise with a condition or disability (Active Surrey). Advice and guidance for those with a condition or disability,
- Surrey Ramblers. There are 16 groups across Surrey with each group walking at least twice a week, through Surrey's countryside
- Exercise during pregnancy (NHS). Gentle exercise during pregnancy is good (and safe) for you and your baby.
- Free fitness ideas (NHS). From strength and flex workouts to home exercises and outdoor gyms.
- Surrey Virtual Wellbeing Hub. Virtual events and services to suit your needs.