Disabled people

Disabled housing

If you have an impairment or a health condition that makes living alone difficult, making some adaptations to your home or getting extra support may help you to live in your own home.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Disability Living Allowance is a tax-free benefit for children and adults who need help with personal care or have walking difficulties because they are physically or mentally disabled.

Blue badge parking

The Blue Badge scheme provides a range of parking concessions for people with severe mobility problems who have difficulty using public transport. The scheme operates throughout the UK.

Employment support

You can get help to gain new skills, find a job or stay in work, through Job Centres, Careers Services and Voluntary organisations.

Financial support

There is a wide range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.

Further information