We’re doing everything we can to keep bin collections running as normal. But it’s likely that services will be impacted because of staff shortages due to sickness.
How you can help
To help us keep collections running as well as possible, here are some things you can do to help:
- Due to reduced traffic, or other operational changes, your usual collection times may change. So put your bins out early - from 6.30am - and leave them out until they’ve been emptied.
- Please be considerate when parking your car on a collection day. This will help to ensure our collection vehicles can access your road.
- Right thing, right bin helps to ensure that we can collect your bins on the right day.
- Reduce your waste as much as possible. Our services are under strain at the present time. Could you use an alternative reusable item, or use something again instead of throwing it away? Great tips for reducing waste.
- Compact your recycling into bins as much as possible to maximise space.
- Start composting at home - buy a compost bin at a reduced rate, or your own food waste digester!
- If you decide to have a clear-out while you’re at home, please don’t put everything in the bin straight away. Wait until normal service resumes.
Thank you. We are working hard to maintain services and your help means a great deal to us.