We are committed to providing all our customers with the support they need during this time, and so we are allocating our resource to enable us to respond to everyone as quickly as possible. If you’ve received an acknowledgement of your email or application please don’t ring or email to find out where it is because this creates extra work, slowing down how quickly we can respond to your correspondence.
If you are waiting for a Business grant to be awarded please note the team are prioritising the payment to your nominated accounts and it is likely that you will receive your payment ahead of any payment advice, so please ensure you check your account directly for payment.
The Restart Grant Scheme
On 3 March 2021, Government announced the introduction of grant support for non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses in England.
This Scheme has now closed for new applications
If you have already made an application, we are still processing these and aim to get the funds to qualifying businesses as soon as possible.
Additional Restrictions Grant
The Additional Restrictions Grant applies from 5 November 2020, we have made some amendments to our scheme from 1 April 2021, to reflect the governments changing approach to national restrictions.
It is a discretionary scheme for businesses that have suffered a significant financial loss as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Only businesses that were trading on the 4 November 2020, being the day before the National restrictions came into force in Epsom, are eligible for this scheme.
- The business must have suffered a significant financial loss either directly or indirectly as a result of the additional restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. This could be by being directly affected or indirectly as a consequence of being in the direct supply chain of a business impacted by COVID Lockdown restrictions.
- A business must have a premises within Epsom & Ewell to qualify for this grant.
- Businesses in the supply chain to the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality industry.
- Cafes, shops, restaurants and and other food and beverage outlets within shared premises who did not have their own rating assessment in order to qualify for the Local Restriction Support Grants Schemes (Open, Closed & Closed Addendum) .
- Businesses that provide cultural, arts and tourism services that did not qualify for the Local Restriction Support Grants Schemes (Open, Closed & Closed Addendum).
- Any business qualifying for a Local Restriction Support Grants Scheme (Open, Closed Closed Addendum or Sector) .
- Businesses that are in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Businesses operating under Airbnb.
- Businesses operating from a domestic property (unless as a registered as a Bed & Breakfast).
- Businesses whose only premises are listed below:
- Car Parking spaces.
- Land use for storage or leisure.
- Properties used for storage purposes only
- Advertising rights.
- Blue tooth boxes
- Telephone communication masts
- Show homes
- Businesses who do not have a commercial premises within Epsom & Ewell Borough boundaries.
- Businesses who have already reached the maximum UK Subsidy limits.
- Landlords of properties where they are not occupying them directly themselves for trading business purposes will not qualify.
- Businesses operating as Financial Services (e.g. banks, building societies). Medical Services (e.g vets, dentist), Professional Services (e.g. solicitor, letting agents, estate agents, accountants) and Post Office sorting offices are not eligible under this scheme.
- Property occupied for personal uses. Examples of where there may be personal use include private stables, or rented commercial space.
As part of the application process we will require evidence of a significant fall in revenues as a result of the increased restrictions. Further post payment assurance of the decrease in revenues may be required.